Sorry this blog is a day late but I had some real life trouble to attend to and then Wicked and I had a meeting to prepare for some blog ideas. You'll see when they're finished. I don't have a lot of information but it's heavy. We got a release date, preorder gifts, the FF13 code gift, and details on the special edition version of FF14!

           It's been a long and hard couple days waiting for this crazy maintenance to let up to let us back into the forums. Accounts went down, testers thought we were loosing our spots, and people who weren't invited to the Alpha/Beta were somehow logging in. Either way that's over and Sugar comes to those who wait. ;) This morning when I checked the Alpha/Beta site guess what I found available? That's right, the BETA client. After some delays for maintenance the beta client is up and available for download, only for invited testers mind you, a day late. It will take a few hours to get everything up and running. Some people have been downloading since 3 am and are still at it. I'm currently jumping from 3 hours left to 20 hours left. I'm hoping the Beta doesn't go live till tomorrow night! >_<;

           There hasn't been any post of a schedule for the Beta yet. We're not sure if it will be open to the testers or if it will be like the Alpha where we had slots of time and certain days to log in and play. It's just speculation but I think it may just be open. If they truly wish to stress the servers they'll let us have free reign but that could always come later closer towards the release date.

           Speaking of the release date; Septembers 30th 2010. If you doubt me check the official FFXIV site, which has been beautifully updated. I'm personally surprised it was so soon. I though they'd make the Beta longer since they were promising a longer Beta test than XI had. I think they counted the Alpha weeks too. 11 weeks in Alpha and 2-3 months in Beta would make it longer.

           Just some information on the release; the game will be a 30 day subscription priced at $12.99. You get your first character and retainer for free. If you don't know what a retainer is refer back to Friday Fantasy Alph...Beta Entry IX Sugar Edition. Any additional characters or retainers will be $3.00 and $1.00 respectively. I'm so happy they decided to go with a 30 day subscription rather than the monthly system POL had them on for XI. I would decide to play XI but then have to wait till the 3rd of the month to avoid overcharges.

           The preorder option for PC is up at Gamestop and I've already done so. There is no information on the ps3 release or preorder status. Sadly, it will probably be a few months later. This is also similar to the FFXI testing phase. When I was Beta testing XI on the PS2 the PC version was already up and running. However, the Beta for XI on the PS2 was still on a closed basis.

           We have the option to preorder the PC normal edition or the PC collector's edition. Just a heads up, there are quite a number of differences. To start, if you preorder the normal edition you get code for an in-game item. A pair of Goggles that increase your skill progression. Of course in the box you get the game and all that entails for the modest price of $49.99. However, the collector's edition entitles you to so much more. Preorder the Collector's edition for $74.99 and you'll receive a code for an Onion Helm which quickens your characters recovery after KO status. In the box you will find a behind the scenes DVD giving you an inside look at the 'making of', an art book/journal, 30 days free for you, an undisclosed amount of time for a friend, a free Security Token branded for FFXIV, a voucher to receive a personalized 'Right of Passage' certificate, and you get to play the game 8 days before the normal edition of XIV, ie. September 22nd. I don't know if this applies to the friend's code as well but I don't see why not. It's a pretty impressive and tempting package. The free month and security token makes it worth the extra $25.00. My husband and I will probably do that to make it more economically efficient.

           While we're on the topic of gifts the code attained from purchasing the PS3 version of FFXIII warrants you an in-game pair of Gauntlets that boost your skill progression. I'm not sure if the skill progression is referring to crafts or weapon skill progression as I don't have the english translation in front of me right now. I'll update this blog once I found out.

          I think that's about all the updates for now. I'm still downloading the Beta Client and will be for the rest of the day from the looks of it. Wicked and I will get back to you guys when the Beta goes live. There's lots to look forward to and Wicked should be done with the Client before I am and she'll give you the skinny on the Beta live status from there. Stick around! Beta is going live!

           Have you had your Sugar today?

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment