Yokoku dekinai! - A-KON Interview with a Otaku II


WickedSin: Hola!
Christopher Wright: Hello
WickedSin: alrighty then
Christopher Wright: (^)
WickedSin: Are those pancakes?....on fire? XD
Christopher Wright: Its a cake
WickedSin: oh on fire?
Christopher Wright: yes
WickedSin: Lol Alrighty then
WickedSin: So, A-kon. Held in Dallas, which building? I forget.
Christopher Wright: The Sheraton
WickedSin: Ah alrighty, did you dress up? if so, what as.
Christopher Wright: Yes a little for the first day. As Princess Peach
WickedSin: And your friends? how many people all went with you? Hopefully they dressed up too.
Christopher Wright: There where seven of us. Derek, Emily and Micheal didn't dress up. Jen dressed up as Rachal Alucard for 2 days and Haruhi Suzmiya for the last day. Izzy, Alica and Ruth dressed up as the Alice, The March Hare(?) and The Madhatter
WickedSin: I remember the first time I saw your Princess Peach outfit, I almost died lol. I can't wait to see the pictures you're uploading now.
Christopher Wright: I'm not in any of them, costume got to hot and my wig got messed up
WickedSin: How was it, walking into the Sheraton, with everyone, all dressed up and ready, and seeing the masses of people.
WickedSin: Ah, well yes I can understand the wig getting messed up, but when I cosplayed Sesshomaru, I didn't have the heat problem, then again it was in the middle of November. Lol.
Christopher Wright: Friday wasn't that bad. I was kinda used to it. Saturday was bad at least 16-17k people there
WickedSin: Wow! that's a lot of people in one building lol.
WickedSin: What caught your eye first? on Friday.
Christopher Wright: The fighting arena they had. Where people could fight each other with foam swords and what not.
WickedSin: Wow, I wish I could have gone. I'm sure you took pictures right?
WickedSin: How big was the arena would you say?
Christopher Wright: Wasn't in line in time for that. Plus I trolling for cosplay
Christopher Wright: the area was very big maybe 10x10 ft
WickedSin: Trolling for cosplay? to see or to be seen? :D
Christopher Wright: To see, to take pictures
WickedSin: Mmhmm. Tifa was stalking you right? 11 times no? lol
Christopher Wright: 12 actually
WickedSin: Lol. What was your favorite cosplay?
Christopher Wright: Hard choice, if I had to choose one. I think the Jarek the Goblin King
WickedSin: There really wasn't better than that? or is it just the fact that you don't see it often?
Christopher Wright: Well it really depends on what you mean by better
Christopher Wright: I've never seen a Jarek
WickedSin: The details in the work itself.
WickedSin: How the person carried the character.
Christopher Wright: Well there was that thing from Dark Crystal. I cannot remember what it is called.
WickedSin: -throws up hands- I barely remember it. Lol.
Christopher Wright: http://bit.ly/dtMhMl
Christopher Wright: ^This
WickedSin: Oh wow someone cosplayed that?!
Christopher Wright: http://bit.ly/aL7JBe
WickedSin: Tell me you got a picture!
Christopher Wright: here's the photo
WickedSin: Holy shit
Christopher Wright: Won best at show in comp.
WickedSin: I bet, it deserves it
Christopher Wright: Its an awesome cosplay don't get me wrong I just liked that the Jarek took the time to learn juggle the single ball he had and he almost looked just like david Bowie
Christopher Wright: and honestly the two are in 2 different categories of cosplay
WickedSin: Lol. Do tell
Christopher Wright: You've got cosplay where you dress in a costume. And then there is (at least for me) a separate for people who build big body suits as gundams etc
WickedSin: Right right
Christopher Wright: I don't have a a name for it but it just how I feel
WickedSin: Severe Cosplay? ;D or Super Otaku?
Christopher Wright: more like become the character
WickedSin: What was your booth of choice?
Christopher Wright: I sorta browsed the booths (having no job means no money)
Christopher Wright: I went to a Robotech panel on Sat
Christopher Wright: and it was awesome
WickedSin: Yea, I don't think I'd be happiest as can be if I had no money and walking by all those booths. I'd start stealing shit eventually Lol!
Christopher Wright: lol I just looked for cosplay for my tumblr
WickedSin: What was on the Robotech panel that you liked so much?
Christopher Wright: My sister and Michael did by me some prints though
Christopher Wright: It was summary of the last 25 years of Robotech
Christopher Wright: and announcing 2 new movies, new toys, and a Tribute to Carl Macek
WickedSin: Sugoi! That is really cool o.o!
Christopher Wright: Plus I got a vintage 1985 Robotech: The Next Generation comic
WickedSin: :O Sweet!
Christopher Wright: Plus Robert Axelrod (the Voice of Lord Zed) came by and talked with us
WickedSin: :O!!!!!
Christopher Wright: As well as the writer of the Robotech Comics
WickedSin: That is AWESOME! I would have died probably @_@
Christopher Wright: I went to his panel today, heard his story and found out he has voiced some of my favorite characters...If I start rambling feel free to stop me
WickedSin: That must have been very...exciting! my heart is pounding just hearing about it lol.
WickedSin: Oh no no feel free to ramble.
Christopher Wright: We also talked about the Live Action Movie, there were prizes, a guy won a toy that is $300 retail. Another one got the not even released yet $200 cyclone.
WickedSin: Woah woah what! :O Live Action Movie of Robotech?! I wanna see!
Christopher Wright: I know
WickedSin: Did they have a trailer or anything?
Christopher Wright: No
WickedSin: Boo!
Christopher Wright: they are still working on the script buuuuuuut they told us some of the writers. I remember their names but they have worked on The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Indiana Jones and Ark...I forgot that ones name
Christopher Wright: Tobey Maguire is producing
WickedSin: That is crazy. I can't even imagine being able to contain myself.
WickedSin: WHAT! Spider Man is producing?! LOL!
Christopher Wright: Yeah they have stacked the deck with writers. The Company does not want to screw this up
Christopher Wright: Best part is the Harmony Gold will contune making Robtech animation, keeping it two separate franchises.
WickedSin: Right, I'd hope they don't wanna screw this up. It's been a long time since anyone has made a respectable anime/game to live action film. I can't remember honestly.
Christopher Wright: ummm there really isn't one
WickedSin: Well the Sailor Moon series live action was good, but it wasn't a movie..
Christopher Wright: At least with Robotech they have solid story
WickedSin: Right and they better fucking stick to it
Christopher Wright: I doubt they will finish it in one movie
WickedSin: Of course.
Christopher Wright: The macross saga should at least 2, 1 for new gen and maybe 1 for Master.
Christopher Wright: wait master came first
WickedSin: I dunno, I only saw the Macross Saga when I was young.
WickedSin: I found a box full of the VHS' on the street and I just took them
Christopher Wright: lol
Christopher Wright: I started watching Robotech 5 years ago and I love it
Christopher Wright: If Robotech were a woman I would make sweet sweet love to it
WickedSin: LOL! I'll quote you on that.
Christopher Wright: you should
Christopher Wright: We should probably get back on the subject of A-kon
Christopher Wright: I talk about Robtech all day
WickedSin: Yes yes I was about to do that
WickedSin: So what else? I imagine you saw a lot of groups as series characters.
WickedSin: What was your favorite set?
Christopher Wright: Its a toss up between 3 The TF2 Super Group, The Batman Villains ft. Girl Robin group
Christopher Wright: The term on DA for humanoid pokemon. Genjikin or something like that
WickedSin: o.o
WickedSin: Didn't know there was a term for that lol
Christopher Wright: I've only ever seen it on DA
WickedSin: Reminds me of that Mudkip girl I posted the other day
WickedSin: She was wearing a latex suit...Like, spray on latex
Christopher Wright: yeah, like that but not so naked. Gijinka is the term btw.
WickedSin: Was it just the costumes or how they carried themselves? like acted like the characters.
Christopher Wright: The costumes where well made, pokemon humans are easy to cop out
WickedSin: Mmhmm
Christopher Wright: these were really well done
Christopher Wright: You will be able to see them in a few days at fycosplay.tumblr.com. Yes (Shameless plug)
WickedSin: Lol!
Christopher Wright: I let people submit their own stuff they care to and I always take suggestion
WickedSin: Aside from Robotech, anything else you found up and coming that you're excited about?
Christopher Wright: Didn't really see another media panels. Only Robotech had a panel
WickedSin: Ah I see
Christopher Wright: I am excited to know that Saban is currently looking for New power Rangers, since the bought they franciese back
WickedSin: I'm excited about it too. I want to see it so badly. It just seems like...it's finally free of its kiddish chains.
Christopher Wright: Mr. Axelrod said that this is the best thing to happen to the Franchise
WickedSin: What was the last thing you had to see or do before you left? on the final day
Christopher Wright: Stand in line to get autographs of Kyle Hebert (Announcererer form DBZ among other thing) and RobAxelrod (The of f f Wizardmon, Armidillomon, Riko, and Lord Zed)
WickedSin: Awesome sauce. I'm glad you got it!
WickedSin: Well, I suppose that about wraps it up. Anything else you'd like to add?
Christopher Wright: I am sad I missed out on a photo of The Major from Ghost in The Shell and a Comm. Shepard
Christopher Wright: I just could not track them down
WickedSin: Aww damnit
Christopher Wright: I hoping Sky Pirate will have because the major was really hot
Christopher Wright: like I was embarrassed just looking at her and when I tried to get to her for a photo, she was gone. That was Friday and I never saw her again
WickedSin: Ouch, that must have hurt. ; ;
WickedSin: Well thank you very much for the insight into A-kon 2010. I'm glad you enjoyed your day outside of your batcave. :)
Christopher Wright: Thanks for the interview
Christopher Wright: I'm going to try for A-fest this year
Christopher Wright: As a Veritech from Robotech
WickedSin: Nice!
WickedSin: I will be sure to interview you for that one too
Christopher Wright: sounds good

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment