Wednesday Anime Wonders! - Shugo Chara!! Doki!




Type – Comedy, Drama, Magic, Romance, Magical Girl



           Hopefully if you're reading this you watched the first season of Shugo Chara!!. The second season, Shugo Chara!! Doki!, is just like the first season but better. There's more transformations, more love, more characters and more answers! If you recall from season one Utau, her manager Yukari, and Nikaido all have left Easter, leaving poor Ikuto to continue to be used and abused. Easter hires a new enemy, Lulu. I know, she sounds scary right? Lulu draws out a new kind of egg called Question(?)-eggs. Original name, right? I love it. The question-eggs still aren't a match for Amu and the Guardians as they foil attempt after attempt to obtain the embryo, from Easter.

           Easter finally catches on to Ikuto's plans to obtain the embryo for himself and finds a way to control him for good. We learn more about everyone's pasts and old questions are FINALLY answered. Amu makes more and more friends throughout the 51 episodes. In fact, pretty much everyone she meets quickly becomes a friend. Love is running rampant as it seems like everyone is becoming a couple or developing feelings for each other. Amu's choices in boys narrows down to either Ikuto or Tadase. Who saw that coming? I know I did from the beginning of season one. 


           The second season is a definite must for anyone who has seen and loved the first season. Even the filler episodes contain a little bit of everyone's pasts that make it worth the watch. The only thing that I found annoying was the transformation sequences. Once is fine but after the 40 ransformation I found myself fast forwarding or skipping right through it. Although it's almost obvious what the outcome will be from every ?-egg I didn't get bored of seeing how everything would play out. I loved learning more about Amu and seeing her grow and become more confident and mature. What's great though is that it wasn't only Amu who grew; it was every character as they overcame hardships and dealt with issues that had been dragging them down or holding them back. The character development really surprised me since this anime is obviously aimed at children. I found myself anxiously going from episode to episode wanting to find out more and see how everything would end. I'm looking forward to watching the third season (Shugo Chara!! Party!) and am hoping it's just as good if not better than this one.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment