I've decided I'm going to be posting pictures only in the Alpha section, and giving more detailed logs and pictures here on my blog. Enjoy, suggest, FB Like, and comment :)

          So for those who haven't had the chance to Alpha this game, I've decided to start a bit of a log of what I've noticed so far, things that caught my eye and such. Just for discussions and to add to peoples wonder.

          I'll start with the beginning, okay you're an adorable little Lalafell(maybe) and you're on a boat full of other people, mostly. Yes this feels a bit like Oblivion, and God of War without the undead skeletons.

          Suddenly, the cutscene ends and you are there, no you aren't being set
free into a world where you were requested, you're just a normal traveler...or so you thought!....if you didn't download their manual or anything prior, you might feel a bit lost as the only things that work by guessing is -, WASD, arrow keys, and tab. But even the tab is sketchy as it targets you first and you need to hit it twice to target something infront of you. F8 doesn't seem to work like it did in 11 either. But, this is Alpha, of course things are going to be kind of, raw still. Setting aside the controls, you have a beautiful brand spanking new straight from SE, NO WOW COPY KTHX, User interface. Complete with sleek lines and sex appeal.(http://tinyurl.com/StatsUI). All in all, it's truly refreshing and feels so great to finally touch it.

          I won't spoil the points between figuring out movement, as the camera is inverted and isn't normal for most, and hitting the dock, but I will say you get to fight :) Yes!! I thought. Blizzard! Fire! Yes! (http://tinyurl.com/Fightfightfight14) More and more beautiful. Nothing will touch FFXIV's gameplay, combat mode, or anything about it for a long , long time.

          The graphics? yes as you may now realize, FRAKING AMAZING, it ran beautifully with no lag at all except during the character creation process, unsure why. As far as FPS goes, it was strange my graphics card didn't strain at all and only went up maybe 5-10 degrees c. It was like I wasn't rendering anything. So I can't say more on that until I test more.

          It felt like I was really playing a final fantasy and not some MMO. It felt like I was important right from the begining! The more I played, the more I fell in love, and its funny, I only got to play like 45 minutes! Once at the dock? you're lost again. UNLESS you play the game as it should be played, more importantly though check out that scenery! (http://tinyurl.com/Sceneryfourteen) TALK TO EVERYONE. Yay Classic Final fantasy npc interactions! but this time, with much more feeling and depth to them. Oh that was a fun 30 minutes. Lol. And at that point, the time expired for my region. Boo.

So, until next week, here's Wicked signing off from Eorzea!

1 Response so far.

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment