Monday Media! - Nightmare On Elm Street



Genre – Fantasy, Horror, Thriller



          This week on Monday Media!, we have Nightmare On Elm Street. I hope all of you haven seen the original prior to watching this 2010 version. Needless to say, the 2010 version was excellent. The first 10 minutes set it all up PERFECTLY. You are instantly taken to that nightmare once again, the paranoia, the chills, the goosebumps. I remembered why I fell in love with Freddy, I remembered why he is one of my heroes. He's completely psychotic, manipulative, and brings fear in the most defenseless way, through -dreams-. Throughout the movie, you get more information than you did in the original, in my opinion as to what, who, and why it is all happening.

          Now while I loved Freddy, the other characters in lacked actual acting prowess, except for Nancy played by Rooney Mara and Quentin played by Kyle Gallner. They did exceptionally well in this film, they actually looked like they felt the FEAR and understood how incredibly real it was. With each kill, I wanted more, and I got it. More blood, more torture, more everything, I got exactly what I wanted when I decided to watch it. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who loves Freddy, horror flicks, or watching people get cut up unmercifully.The only unfortuante part to this movie is that, we've seen this before, we know what happens, and it's not something new and amazing. It's not going to blow away the Horror movie nuts because they are crazy egotistical bastards who think they know what makes a good horror movie and would say this is not it. What it is, a remake of a classic horror movie, and it did the remake VERY well. The director did not try to go at a new angle, he did not try to rewrite it all. Just to do it again, maybe with different perspectives at certain points. So if you're a horror fanatic, don't bother. If you want to see a good movie because its a good movie, grab your keys and get your happy ass to the cinema.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment